A delicious tea from the beautiful land of Kashmir, Noon
Chai is different from regular tea and tastes divine. It has a creamy,
buttery and slightly thick consistency, but is thin enough to sip
gently. Special tea leaves from Kashmir is brewed in which baking soda,
milk and cardamom is added to make this delicious tea. There is no
specific season or time for enjoying a cup of noon tea, though it is associated
with cold weather because of its warming ingredients. It is an integral part of
Kashmiri tradition and is consumed at least two to three times daily with
accompaniments such as kulchas, sheermaal, Kashmiri breads, kandir tchot and
Pure Kashmiri Namkeen Tea (Noon Chai) is energizing, increases mental alertness, reduces headaches and upholds fluid levels in the body. Joint pains are also known to disappear to some extent if a pinch of cinnamon is added to the brew. Similarly, the saffron, which is added to the tea, can lift your spirits on a cold, miserable day.
How to make Noon Chai (Pink Tea):
- To begin making the Kashmiri Noon Chai Recipe, boil 1-cup water and brew tea leaves, till frothy. Now add the baking soda and whisk vigorously for about 10 seconds.
- Add remaining water and cardamom powder. Brew until tea turns bright red in color.
- Now on medium heat, add the milk and whisk it vigorously to achieve a slight froth. The color of the tea should now be a lovely dark pink.
- Adjust milk to color of your choice. Add the salt and stir well.
- Pour into a cup and serve the Kashmiri Noon Chai hot.
Pure Kashmiri Namkeen Tea (Noon Chai) 400 gms
- Brands Kashmir Exotics
- Product Code:KE1042
- Availability:In Stock
- FREE Delivery on orders over ₹ 499.00
- Ex GST:₹322.86